ATTORNEY PATRICK T. CANAN:
CANAN LAW was founded by attorney Patrick T. Canan. As the former Chief Prosecutor of St. Johns County, Patrick is now one of the area's foremost trial lawyers. Patrick earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Florida in 1981.
Patrick Canan is rated AV.
What is an AV rating? It is quite simply the highest rating awarded by Martindale-Hubbell -- the official rating organization for attorneys nationwide.
Attorneys are evaluated on a regular basis by their peers – other lawyers and judges are asked to provide a confidential assessment of the conduct, expertise and ethics of practicing attorneys.
The “A” mark signifies the highest levels of legal ability, while the “V” denotes very high adherence to professional standards of conduct, ethics, and dependability.
Law Profession affiliations include:
- The Florida Bar – Admitted in 1983
- U.S. District Court – Middle District of Florida
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals – Atlanta, Georgia
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- St. Johns County Bar Association – President 2000
- Circuit Court Mediator – Certified by Florida Supreme Court in 2002